Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Whopper Sacrifice

I really loved this campaign it was awesome.

I have way to many facebook friends. They aren't friends they are every random acquaintence I have ever met. The signal to noise ratio on my newsfeed is fucking out of control. I would gladly cut many of you people out. Unrequitted lovers from middle school, co-workers from college summer jobs, extended family that believe in young earth creationism, even you guy I rode in a shuttle with at a conference. Seriously fuck y'all. I don't even want the whopper I will settle for a small fries.

But wait what am I doing, I am unfriending people I actually know! People I actually care about and why! Cause if I sacrifice one of the weirdos we have to actually acknowledge the total lack of depth in our relationship.

So here I am unfriending my actual friends. Actually endorsing the burger king product to my nearest and dearest. Did they know I would do this? Have I become sheeple?

I like to think so. I hope whoever built this awesome condemnation of the shallow nature of online friending, knew that we are too insecure to actually sacrifice a true acquaintence.

Looking at who my "friends" sacrificed, I know I am not alone. Baaaaahhhh!

-asm

No comments:

Post a Comment